Striving for industry best practice in all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
Terra Drilling is a modern drilling company, and aims to minimise the impact of our operations on the environment through education of employees, best practice procedures, compliance with legislative requirements and conforming to specific environmental requirements of individual sites and clients.
This is achieved by:
- Promoting environmental awareness among all employees of Terra Drilling through the induction process and on-going training.
- Compliance and understanding of all current government environmental legislation and regulations pertaining to the region, state or country of operations.
- Consultation with our clients and compliance with all their environmental policies and procedures.
- Compliance with and constant review of the Terra Drilling Environmental Management Plan.
Low Footprint Drilling
The Hanjin Powerstar 7000 is tough, yet compact. Its small size means we can use a smaller drill site, which in turn means less clearing and less damage to the environment.
Why is this important to Terra Drilling?
Because we want to leave the environment as we found it. This is not only important to Terra Drilling, but also to our clients who value the importance of maintaining Australia's pristine environment.
Hanjin's rigs are built on a foundation of experienced hydraulic systems, excellent workmanship and a high standard of service.
And don't be fooled by its stature, the Hanjin rig is rugged, dependable, and low maintenance.
The high-pressure hydraulics system provides big performance in a compact package.
Solids Removal Unit
AMC Solids Removal Unit
Revolutionary, environmentally friendly, sumpless drilling
Terra Drilling has worked closely with Australian Solids Removal Unit in developing a state-of-the-art Solids Recycling Unit (SRU) specifically designed for Diamond Drilling Closed Loop Application.
Involved from the start of the project, Terra has provided feedback to AMC on three prototype units and used the latest design for 15,000m of 'sump less drilling' near Yerecoin in Western Australia for Cliffs Natural Resources.
With the help of Terra Drilling AMC developed the technology to meet the increasing needs of the mineral exploration industry for sustainable drilling operations.
Key benefits of AMC's SRU:
- Reduces environmental impact on site by eliminating the need to dig traditional fluid sumps
- Reduces site set-up and remediation costs
- Reduces water consumption
- Improves waste management
- Reduces solids in drilling fluids to <1%
- Reduces mud and product consumption
- Reduces wear and tear of drilling components caused by abrasive drilling fluid
- Small, compact and easy to mobilise